Saturday, November 13, 2004

Blogging in Obscurity

It is somewhat fascinating writing to no one.

I haven’t bothered with a hit counter ... but it seems unlikely that many people have stumbled on this blog. (Although someone wandering through did leave one comment!) But it’s not as though Google is going to run my posts at the top of its search engine. I don’t have any links. And I haven’t told anyone that I know that I even have a blog. I mentioned a post that I’d written in an email to famous personage, but I doubt that he bothered to stop by :-) Other than that ... I have essentially avoided any mention of this site.

Sounds of silence. If words appear on a blog, but no one reads them ... did they make any noise?

And yet ... this comforting cloak of invisibility is relaxing. But is there a point? Why not just keep a private journal rather than writing to a blog that no one reads? I don’t know. Kind of a strange psychology. Perhaps I’m just waiting to be discovered. Or not. But it is fun and oddly rewarding.

Mostly I think I need to get comfortable in the medium before I want a lot of people here anyway. And then, perhaps, I shall decide what to do with this blog.

2 comments:

james and penelope said...

assuming you look at your comments, I stumbled on your blog. enjoyed your "why did the chicken..." posting and passed it on. hang in there. i don't think many people have found my blog either.

james and penelope said...

assuming you look at your comments, I stumbled on your blog. enjoyed your "why did the chicken..." posting and passed it on. hang in there. i don't think many people have found my blog either.